« Back to Job Openings
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator---Glendale Heights, IL
Glendale Heights Industrial Sewing company has immediate openings for Experienced Sewing Machine Operators on ALL SHIFTS.
1. Work in the department as a team member to produce and sew web products per manufacturing specifications to achieve or exceed the production, quality standards and goals.
2. Set up, adjust and operate machines and equipment.
3. Understand and follow established best practices, department priorities and customer requirements. Read, understand and follow the JHA’s pertaining to the department.
4. Read, interpret and understand production sheets, manufacturing manual and corresponding reports and documents.
5. Select appropriate raw materials, hardware, tools, tags and equipment necessary to produce and sew various web products.
6. Identify and report any equipment, operational or safety problems or material deficiencies.
7. Understand and perform the Preventative Maintenance Program. Identify and report any maintenance issues on machines and equipment.
8. Move and handle materials as necessary.
9. Understand and follow the company inventory system.
10. Follow the departments’ housekeeping and safety requirements and standards.
11. Complete all necessary reports and forms.
12. Pack product as required.
13. Perform minor repairs to machines and equipment.
14. Provide training and instruction to other personnel as requested by Group Leader or Manager.
15. Perform other similar or associated duties as required. Assist in other areas of the plant as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to demonstrate understanding of company documents such as safety rules, work instructions, etc.
Hourly Rate: $13.50
Se Habla Espanol!
Many more positions available. Visit www.metrostaffingservice.com to view all current openings.